The right to vote in referenda – global trends and eligibility: The right to vote of refugees and other Cypriots in the diaspora; recent international referenda; and current legal challenges to restricting votes in the UK EU referendum.
Tuesday 24 May 2016 7.30pm
• CHAIR: Dr Marcus Papadopoulos, publisher and editor of Politics First magazine. Dr Papadopoulos is a television commentator on geo-strategic politics and specialises in British, Russian, Balkan and Syrian politics.
• Dr Theodora A Christou, independent expert on human rights and EU law, comparative and international law and legal reform. Dr Christou is a Lobby for Cyprus executive officer.
• Nick Kounoupias, specialist in copyright, human rights and cultural property litigation. Mr Kounoupias is a deputy co-ordinator of Lobby for Cyprus and Ambassador of the UK Cyprus Enterprise Council.
• Representatives from UK-based Cypriot refugee associations:
– Angelos Beshonges: Ayios Amvrosios Association UK
– Vassilis Mavrou: Famagusta Association GB
– Soula Kitsiou: Morphou Association UK
– Savvas Pavlides: Lapithos & Karavas Association UK
– Nick Yiannoullou: Eptakomi Association UK
The presentations will be followed by a question and answer session
The Hellenic Centre 16-18 Paddington Street, Marylebone, London W1U 5AS
+44 020 8888 2556
In association with the Cypriot refugee organisations:
Famagusta Association GB, Ayios Amvrosios Association UK, Lapithos & Karavas Association UK, Morphou Association UK, Eptakomi Association UK